Join TrustPoint and Build the World’s First Commercial GPS System in Space
GPS is a ubiquitous global utility in modern society; knowing one’s location is critical for government, commercial, and personal applications. Still, today’s solutions for determining location are inaccurate, slow, unencrypted, and susceptible to jamming and spoofing. These shortcomings make today’s GPS insufficient for tomorrow’s safety-critical and high-precision applications.
TrustPoint is developing a fully commercial next-generation GPS service to provide significant performance, security and reliability improvements for GPS users. Our work includes both the development and launch of orbiting satellites along with the software needed to provide better accuracy, faster positioning, and both anti-spoof and anti-jam advanced capabilities. The improvements will support US Government position and timing service resiliency as well as enable next-generation commercial applications like drone delivery, self-driving cars, urban air mobility, and augmented reality. The $55B annual GNSS Receiver market is ripe for disruption and TrustPoint intends to lead that revolution with our commercial infrastructure and services
With locations outside Washington DC and in Silicon Valley, TrustPoint is currently seeking a Full Time Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join the team and help develop the satellite and ground software needed for our commercial Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS). You will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing innovative embedded software solutions in support of both space and ground assets and will work directly for program and project managers in support of software development and testing across all aspects of our system. You will also research and advise on the state of industry's software best practices, tools, and products in support of company software strategy. As an early hire, significant upward mobility will be available to this individual given strong performance, including manager and director level positions in the coming years.
We’ll Expect You To…
- Be responsible for the embedded software architecture and implementation on each of the spacecraft in our GNSS constellation.
- Customize the Linux kernel and operating system for use on our satellites.
- Develop and implement simple, reliable and fault tolerant software for ARM based processors in C/C++
- Create device drivers for our custom GNSS waveform hardware.
- Test software in simulation and hardware-in-the-loop environments.
- Work with the larger engineering and business team to establish software and architecture requirements for our satellites, our receivers, and software related business development tasks.
- Support the system commissioning, operations automation, anomaly investigation and mitigation for both our space and ground operations.
- Unwavering focus on meeting software development targets and achieving objectives.
You’ll Need to Have…
- B7+ years of related experience developing C/C++ software for high-performance embedded devices (10+ years preferred)
- 5+ years experience with embedded software on Xilinx FPGAs and/or SoC devices (7+ preferred)
- 5+ years experience with petalinux-based kernels on Xilinx FPGAs and/or SoC devices
- Experience with the Linux bootloader, kernel, and application programming
- Demonstrated ability to develop and debug software (C/C++ and Python) and firmware
- Familiarity with Git and other version control systems
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Excellent professional and interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written
- Passionate about solving customer problems through new and innovative technology
- Strong organizational skills and professional business practices
We’d Like to See…
- Strong technical background in engineering, mathematics, computer science
- Hands on experience with satellites, robotic systems, or similar
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with RF systems
- Self-starter with a DIY mindset
- Experience working in startups
- Active US security clearance
- Thrive in a start-up environment.
- Effective communication style that instills a culture of optimism and positivity.
- Sense of humor and ability to proactively problem solve.
- Encourages colleagues to think and plan strategically while executing well tactically.
- Works well with all company levels and disciplines (i.e. Legal, HR, etc.).
- Willing to “roll up sleeves” in a new venture, working closely with colleagues.
Compensation and Benefits
The selected candidate will be competitively compensated with salary, equity (stock options), and standard benefits.