Join TrustPoint and Build the World’s First Commercial GPS System in Space
GPS is a ubiquitous global utility in modern society; knowing one’s location is critical for government, commercial, and personal applications. Still, today’s solutions for determining location are inaccurate, slow, unencrypted, and susceptible to jamming and spoofing. These shortcomings make GPS insufficient for tomorrow’s safety-critical and high-precision applications, a problem TrustPoint intends to solve.
TrustPoint is developing a fully commercial next-generation GPS service to provide significant performance, security and reliability improvements for GPS users. This includes better accuracy, quicker Time to First Fix, and anti-spoof and anti-jam capabilities. The improvements will support US Government position and timing service resiliency as well as enable next-generation commercial applications like drone delivery, self-driving cars, urban air mobility, and augmented reality. The $55B annual GNSS Receiver market is ripe for disruption and TrustPoint intends to lead that revolution with our commercial infrastructure and services.
With locations outside Washington DC and in Silicon Valley, TrustPoint is currently seeking a Full Time Electrical Engineer to join the team and will be responsible for implementing electrical components into hardware and firmware needed for our commercial Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS). Our system consists of a constellation of commercial satellites and a network of ground stations and as the Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing innovative hardware solutions at the heart of our GNSS satellite, payload, and receiver solutions. Further, you will work directly with our Chief Engineer and the entire engineering team to design, develop and test electrical hardware that leverages our company’s proprietary satellite and RF technologies. As an early hire, significant upward mobility will be available to you in short order, including manager and director level positions.
We’ll Expect You To…
- Develop simple and reliable hardware that will support the company’s PNT architecture in space and on the ground.
- Evaluate electrical products and systems by designing testing methods, then test electrical and hardware solutions through simulation, hardware-in-the-loop, and field demonstrations.
- Make quality assurance checks in order to keep the product standard high.
- Support the engineering and business teams to derive requirements across the company.
- Support the product development team with productization of our technologies and solutions.
- Support the space and ground infrastructure operations team in system commissioning, operations automation, anomaly investigation and mitigation.
- Maintain unwavering focus on meeting development targets and achieving objectives
You’ll Need to Have…
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field (M.S. preferred)
- Strong problem solving, technical, math and science skills.
- 3+ years of experience in electrical engineering for GNSS, space, or wireless communications applications
- Familiarity with newspace satellite and payload technologies
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision.
- Passionate about solving customer problems through new and innovative technology.
- Excellent professional and interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong organizational skills and professional business practices.
- US Citizen or US Permanent Resident Status (Green Card).
- Ability to travel <10%.
We’d Like to See…
- A working understanding of wireless communication hardware such as RF front ends, RFICs, FPGAs, SoCs, and antennas.
- Hands of experience with software defined radios and RF systems
- Experience with industry standard SoC and FPGA development toolsets and development environments.
- Experience working with modern wireless communication standards (4G, 5G, WiFi, SATCOM, IoT).
- Experience working in startups.
- Active US security clearance.
- Thrive in a start-up environment
- Effective communication style that instills a culture of optimism and positivity
- Sense of humor and ability to proactively problem solve.
- Encourages colleagues to think and plan strategically while executing well tactically.
- Works well with all company levels and disciplines (i.e. Legal, HR, etc.).
- Willing to “roll up sleeves” in a new venture, working closely with colleagues.
Compensation and Benefits
The selected candidate will be competitively compensated with salary, equity (stock options), and standard benefits.