Join TrustPoint and Build the World’s First Commercial GPS System in Space
GPS is a ubiquitous global utility in modern society; knowing one’s location is critical for government, commercial, and personal applications. Still, today’s solutions for determining location are inaccurate, slow, unencrypted, and susceptible to jamming and spoofing. These shortcomings make GPS insufficient for tomorrow’s safety-critical and high-precision applications, a problem TrustPoint intends to solve.
TrustPoint is developing a fully commercial next-generation GPS service to provide significant performance, security and reliability improvements for GPS users. This includes better accuracy, quicker Time to First Fix, and anti-spoof and anti-jam capabilities. The improvements will support US Government position and timing service resiliency as well as enable next-generation commercial applications like drone delivery, self-driving cars, urban air mobility, and augmented reality. The $55B annual GNSS Receiver market is ripe for disruption and TrustPoint intends to lead that revolution with our commercial infrastructure and services.
With locations outside Washington DC and in Silicon Valley, TrustPoint is currently seeking a Full Time Digital Signals Processing (DSP) Engineer to join the team and help develop the signal processing algorithms and firmware needed for our commercial Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS). Our system consists of a constellation of commercial satellites and a network of ground stations and as the DSP Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing innovative signal processing solutions at the heart of our GNSS receiver’s measurement engine. Further, you will work directly with our Chief Engineer and the satellite payload team to develop our system’s primary signal and data structures, levering our company’s proprietary satellite and RF technologies.
You will also research and advise on the state of industry's DSP best practices, tools, and technologies in support of company strategy. As an early hire, significant upward mobility will be available to you in short order, including manager and director level positions.
We’ll Expect You To…
- Develop simple and reliable signal processing software and firmware for a variety of SoC's and FPGAs
- Implement cutting-edge DSP algorithms to derive precise signal measurement data from GNSS signals
- Develop novel algorithms based on digital signal processing, statistical processing, and machine learning to extract features from RF data, identify RF signals, and mitigate interference and errors
- Test firmware and full RF solutions in simulation, hardware-in-the-loop, and field demonstrations
- Support the engineering and business teams to derive DSP linked requirements across the company
- Support the product development team with productization of our technologies and solutions
- Support the space and ground infrastructure operations team in system commissioning, operations automation, anomaly investigation and mitigation.
- Maintain unwavering focus on meeting software development targets and achieving objectives
You’ll Need to Have…
- B.S. in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent practical experience (M.S. preferred)
- 5+ years of experience developing VHDL, Verilog, and/or C/C++ for high-performance embedded devices
- 3+ years of experience in digital signal processing for GNSS or wireless communication applications
- Proficiency in digital communications and digital signal processing theory and applications, including some familiarity with modern wireless communication standards (4G, 5G, WiFi, SATCOM, IoT)
- Hands of experience with software defined radios and RF systems
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Passionate about solving customer problems through new and innovative technology
- Excellent professional and interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and professional business practices.
- US Citizen or US Permanent Resident Status (Green Card)
- Ability to travel <10%
We’d Like to See…
- A working understanding of wireless communication hardware such as RF front ends, RFICs, FPGAs, SoCs, and antennas
- Experience with industry standard SoC and FPGA development toolsets and development environments
- Experience working with modern wireless communication standards (4G, 5G, WiFi, SATCOM, IoT)
- Experience working in startups
- Active US security clearance
- Thrive in a start-up environment
- Effective communication style that instills a culture of optimism and positivity
- Sense of humor and ability to proactively problem solve.
- Encourages colleagues to think and plan strategically while executing well tactically.
- Works well with all company levels and disciplines (i.e. Legal, HR, etc.).
- Willing to “roll up sleeves” in a new venture, working closely with colleagues.
Compensation and Benefits
The selected candidate will be competitively compensated with salary, equity (stock options), and standard benefits.